CORI faculty and students are engaged in a number of activities that fall within the area of Operations Research. A sample list of publications featuring members of CORI can be found below:
- Ackooij, W. van, W. de Oliveira, and Y. Song, “Adaptive Partition-based Level Decomposition Methods for Solving Two-stage Stochastic Programs with Fixed Recourse”, INFORMS Journal on Computing 30(1), 2018.
- Adams, W., A. Gupte, and Y. Xu. “Error bounds for monomial convexification in polynomial optimization“, Mathematical Programming, 2018 (in press).
- Adelgren, N., M.M. Wiecek, “A two-phase algorithm for the multiparametric linear complementarity problem”,European Journal of Operational Research, 2016, vol. 254, no. 3, pp. 715–738.
- Ahmed, S., J. Luedtke, Y. Song and W. Xie, “Nonanticipative Duality, Relaxations, and Formulations for Chance-constrained Stochastic Programs”, Mathematical Programming 162(1), 51-81, 2017.
- Buckingham, P. and Fralix, B. “Some new insights into Kolmogorov’s criterion, with applications to hysteretic queues,” Markov Processes and Related Fields 21 (2015), 339-368.
- Burer, S., B. Yang, “The Trust Region Subproblem with Non-Intersecting Linear Constraints,” Mathematical Programming Series A, 149(1):253-264, 2015.
- Chen, Yunmei, Guanghui Lan, and Yuyuan Ouyang. “Accelerated schemes for a class of variational inequalities,” Mathematical Programming 165, no. 1 (2017): 113-149.
- Chen, Chenxi, Yunmei Chen, Yuyuan Ouyang, and Eduardo Pasiliao. “Stochastic Accelerated Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers with Importance Sampling.” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (2018).
- Cseh, A. and B.C. Dean, “Improved Algorithmic Results for Unsplittable Stable Allocation Problems“. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 1-15, 2015.
- Dandurand, B., M.M. Wiecek, “Distributed computation of Pareto sets”, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2015, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 1083–1109.
Daraio, C. and L. Simar and P. W. Wilson, “Central limit theorems for conditional efficiency measures and tests of the ‘separability’ condition in non‐parametric, two‐stage models of production,” Econometrics Journal, 2018, vol. 21, pp. 170-191.
- Dean, B.C., Griffis, A., Parekh, O., Whitley, A., “Approximation Algorithms for k-Hurdle Problems,” Algorithmica 59(1), 81-93, 2011.
- Dey, S. and A. Gupte. “Analysis of MILP techniques for the pooling problem” Operations Research 63 (2015), 412-427.
Doroudi, S., Fralix, B. and Harchol-Balter, M.. “Clearing Analysis on Phases: Exact Limiting Probabilities for Skip-Free, Unidirectional, Quasi-Birth-Death Processes,” Stochastic Systems 6 (2016), 420-458.
- Ekşioğlu, S.D., H. Karimi, B. Ekşioğlu “Optimization Models to Integrate Production and Transportation Planning for Biomass Co-Firing in Coal-Fired Power Plants”, IIE Transactions, Vol. 48(10), 2016, 901-920.
- Hakizimana, A. and Scott, J.K., “Differentiability Conditions for Stochastic Hybrid Systems with Application to the Optimal Design of Microgrids,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 173, 658-682 (2017).
Kneip, A. and L. Simar and P. W. Wilson “When Bias Kills the Variance: Central Limit Theorems for DEA and FDH Efficiency Scores,”Econometric Theory, 2015, vol. 31, pp. 394-422.
- Lozano, L. and Smith, J.C., “A Value-Function-Based Exact Approach for the Bilevel Mixed Integer Programming Problem,” Operations Research, 65(3), 768-786, 2017.
- Madathil, S.C., Yamangil, E., Nagarajan, H., Barnes, A., Bent, R., Backhaus, S., Mason, S.J., Mashayekh, S., 2018, “Resilient Off-grid Microgrids: Capacity Planning and N-1 Security,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, to appear.
- Margolis, J.T., Sullivan, K.M., Mason, S.J., Magagnotti, M., 2018, “A multi-objective optimization model for designing resilient supply chain networks,” International Journal of Production Economics, 204, 174-185.
- Palak, G. S.D. Ekşioğlu, J. Geunes “Heuristic Algorithms for the Inventory Replenishment Problem with Perishable Products and Multiple Transportation Modes,” IISE Transactions, Vol. 50(4), 2018, 345-365.
- Sava, M.G., Vargas, L.G., May, J.H., Dolan, J.G., “An analysis of the sensitivity and stability of patients’ preferences can lead to more appropriate medical decisions“, Annals of Operations Research (forthcoming)
- Sefair, J. and Smith, J.C., “Dynamic Shortest-Path Interdiction,” Networks, 68(4), 315-330, 2016.
Shao, Y. and Scott, J.K., “Convex Relaxations for Global Optimization Under Uncertainty Described by Continuous Random Variables,” AIChE Journal, 64(8), 3023-3033 (2018).
- Taaffe, K., B. Pearce, and G. Ritchie, 2018. “Using Kernel Density Estimation to Model Surgical Procedure Duration,”International Transactions of Operational Research.
- Taaffe, K., L. Fredendall, and R. Weiss, 2018. “Managing Service-Specific and Shared Block Sizes when Setting Operating Room Capacity,” Quality Management Journal, 25(1):18-31.
- Yang, B., K. Anstreicher, S. Burer, “Quadratic Programs with Hollows,” Mathematical Programming Series A, 170(2):541-553, 2018.
Venkataraman, S., L. Fredendall, K. Taaffe, N. Huynh, and G. Ritchie, 2018. “An Empirical Examination of Surgical Experience, Block Scheduling, and Costs in Perioperative Services,” Journal of Operations Management, accepted.
- Wang, S., Gangammanavar, H., Eksioglu, S.D., Mason, S.J., 2018, “Stochastic Optimization for Energy Management in Power Systems with Multiple Microgrids,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, to appear.
CORI Preprint Series
The CORI preprint series consists of papers that were submitted for publication on or after the first day of the Fall 2018 semester. Preprints submitted to this series will be organized by year, starting with 2018.